Friday, April 04, 2014

Picnic rag quilt

Last week I finished this order for a customer. It's a 50'x60' rag quilt, my own deisgn. I never made one before so I watched a few tutorials before I began. It was so much fum to make I just loved it! I was very sad to part with the quilt as it turned out so pretty so I think it will definitely have to add it to the long 'to make for Lulu' list I have! The great thing about these quilts is on one side they are very textural and on the reverse side they look like a patchwork quilt.




My client had very specific ideas about colours and theme at the same time allowing me to adjust theme so they would work together. That said I love how her ideas turned out! More photos on flickr and Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Rach. When it gets washed a few times the seams will fluff up more and look even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preciosa. Yo tampoco he probado esta técnica pero no creo que tarde mucho en aprenderla. Besos guapa

    ReplyDelete